2005 Freestyle

hello all:

i just wanted to tell the group that the ford freestyle is not the car to buy for you and your family. my family bought one and it has been in the shop more than it has been at our home and it is currently parked in the back yard away from anything flamable. there is an electrical short somewhere in the wiring harness and the selling dealer and ford motor company have both informed me that they don't know how to fix it because the on board computer doesn't store codes when the the car is acting up. the fuel tank has been taken out several times because of flaws and then for a while the vehicle would stall for no reason it ended up bein the fuel pump and now the gauges fall while we are driving down the road in it i promised ford that i would tell anybody that would listen That they do not have a quality product on the market and i'm doing my best to keep my promise thank you

bowza

Reply to
bowza

I strongly disagree. My Father bought a Freestyle last year. It has been flawless. Every manufacturer builds a bad car from time to time. It sounds like you are working with an incompetent dealer. Did you actually talk to "Ford?" Or did the dealer just tell you "Ford" said something? This sounds like a lemon law case to me. Have you pursued having the dealer buy the car back? Posting hate mail to this newsgroup will not solve your problem. Using the lemon law against the dealer will.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

So all of the cars will do what yours is doing?

Maybe you should consider that someone at Ford carries a grudge against you and yours... they packed that car with gremlins just to make you miserable.

OTOH, the fact your car has so many problems might mean it's less likely for others to have one or two of them. These things even out, ya know.

Like Mr White says... check out the lemon law, and I'd bet that Ford would have helped you out with that if you had approached it, reasonably.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
bowza

Freestar / Freestyle whatever is an ugly piece of shit.

You should have known...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Bowza

Reply to
bowza

That sounds a lot like my neighbors Tundra, before Toyota bought it back.. Not too worry, if your vehicle truly can not be fixed, the manufacture must buy it back. It happens to all of them on occasion, that is why the all have a warranty even Rolls Royce.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

FWIW, that rep you are talking to at this point is a low level functionary who is either attending or just graduated from "liar's school." That's what people in the company used to call it when I was there. They take college grad, entry level people that don't know much about cars and teach them how to "entertain" the callers for whatever it takes to cool them down. They become experts as they hear the same stories all day long. You can't hope to win with them. They surely will grant you no solutions other than "talk to your servicing dealer." You need to go up the chain or take legal action. Arbitration can help in some situations. It takes a commitment on your behalf as you will earn everything you gain. If principle means anything to you, I say go for it.

Reply to
Al Bundy