Transmission Leak

I have a 1994 Ford Taurus 3.8L GL Sedan and the transmission is leaking fluid around the bolts. I have been keeping the levels up by adding fluid as needed, there doesn't appear to be any problems with shifting or accelerating.

Is this a seal/gasket issue? How much does it cost to have it done? I have seen places in my town as low as $29.95 for a flush and new gasket, to $200.00 for the same service?

Which service would I need Flush and new gasket or the reseal service offered by Aamco?

Reply to
CJ

I don't know about your year and model, but many had different size bolts that secured the pan. Since some of the holes were blind, if the wrong bolt length were inserted into the wrong hole, it would bottom out and not tighten the pan. You might just investigate this.

Reply to
Ken