'92 Maxima - Transmission Fluid - check and change?

Hi,

Can somebody tell me how to change the transmission fluid of my 1992 AT Nissan Maxima? Is there any website (with pictures if any) showing how this is done?

Thanks.

- SG

Reply to
SGOWDA

Guess others could tell you how to change it... but what I do is take my 'new used' cars to a 'name brand' location like Pennzoil & have them connect their transmission flush machine. This has worked good for me for the past six years or so. Supposedly it also changes the fluid that is normally trapped in the converter that does not come out when you change the fluid yourself.

This saved a rebuild on an old Ford pickup that had been very slow to shift between 2nd & 3rd. It has been over two years now & still shifting good.

The cost here in North Texas is about $65.

Reply to
2cents

Thanks for your reply. Yes, indeed I received a couple of replies to my request.

I will look into doing a transmission flush - which certainly sounds like a good idea. Thank you.

- SG

Reply to
SGOWDA