Vibrating steering wheel

We just bought a new 2006 Ford Escape in June. It has a V6 and all-wheel drive. You can feel a shallow, subtle but very rapid vibration in the steering wheel and floorboard. It starts around 45 mph. In July the dealer said it is normal for a Ford Escape to do this. It is part of the all-wheel drive system. It just doesn't feel right. For the first 300 miles of driving this condition didn't noticeably exist. It just seemed to start between 300 and

400 miles of driving. A squeak developed also around this time. The dealer said we had a bent axel, and they replaced it. The squeak went away but the vibration did not. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Reply to
Merlejeff

Ask the dealer to let you drive another, similar Escape. If they all do it, anyone on the lot will do. My sister has a first year Escape and it as never acted as you describe. I can't imagine that you bent an axle without doing additional damage. And I can't imagine that it came with an axle that magically "bent" after 300 miles of driving. Things don't ad up. The dealer should check the alignemt, rotate and balance the tires, verify proper inflation pressure, and then do a test drive with you on board.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You are uncomfortable with the purchase of a new car's problem, go back and get it documented. If the problem persists, you might have to see a lawyer.

imho,

tom @

Tom The Great

Reply to