water pump leaking

I have water pump leaking from a unthreaded hole on the side of it going into the pump not into the motor like a bolt up hole -Is this a freeze plug and can it be replaced -this is the original waterpump thanks for all ideas hlb

Reply to
HL B123

It is a "weep hole" and indicates the water pump seal has failed. You need a new water pump.

Reply to
clare

You didn't say what vehicle the water pump is in, so I'll assume it's the

1998 Ford F-150 V8 you mentioned on Mombu.com.

Assuming this is what your pump looks like:

top pic shows the small weep hole back near the mounting flange,between the two upper ribs. The bottom pic shows some kind of large plugon the front, possibly for a hose fitting that isn't used. Which of these isleaking? Or are we talking about some other car / truck?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

replaced pump -belt and thermostat thanks for pictures and input hlb

Reply to
HL B123