What is flexible exhaust pipe called in 93 Taurus

I have a 93 Taurus with a 3.8 liter engine, and the flexible exhaust pipe (about 18 inches) that is part of the muffler is making noise. It seems like I can get better deals on it on the internet than through traditional part sellers. So as to avoid making a mistake in ordering, I would like to know the technical name for it. Can anyone tell me what it is.

Thanks,

JD

Reply to
DaileyJohn.20.decij

state tech via CarKB.com

No, it's not. It's called an Exhaust Flex Connector

CarKB stands for 'knowledge base', right? Heh...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Exhaust Flex Connector is the correct terminology, however it's a pretty universal item and the term used for it may differ from each parts store/dealership. I'm sure you can get a better deal on it from the quick search I did.

Reply to
NeedForSpeed3685

Check this Ebay auction for a good image:

NeedForSpeed3685