Quick question about a part (what is it called?)

Could someone please tell me what the part that is the exhaust from the catalytic converter to the muffler? I need to order a new one because mine decided to rust off of the muffler. Also does anyone know the best (cheap and reliable) place to order genuine nissan parts?

Thanks, Jesse

Reply to
Demon Wolf

atec_77

I call that one expensive sucker.

Usually it is part of the muffler or part of the cat so to replace it costs big bucks.

Mike

Mike Romain

Courtesy Nissan (Richardson Tx)

has a large internet parts operation The prices are OK and they have a good reputation. Call a couple of local dealers and get an idea of the prices in your area as well. It might not be worth the hassle to do the internet thing.

Make sure you can get it off the cat without doing more damage. The studs have a way of snapping off if its been on there for a while. When you say "rusted off of the muffler", are you implying that the pipe was originally part of the muffler? If so, Nissan is only going to be able to sell you a muffler. You might end up at a local shop anyway to get something adapted.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Ill check that out, thanks

I meant that there are 2 matching brackets that connect the muffler to the pipe and now they are both connected to the muffler. And yeah I am worried about what you said, that part is very rusty im gunna hope that it comes off ok

Reply to
Demon Wolf

"Demon Wolf" wrote

You didn't say what year/model Nissan. If you want a nice picture of your exhaust, start at

and work your way in.

Don't worry Jesse, just relax, snag another batch of "pure, oxacan grown salvia divinoriom", hop into your "used old town guide" and smoke it "in my 2 foot bong". Gee, Google saves EVERYthing. :)))

Reply to
MasterBlaster

The part you describe is called a front flange, although Nissan may call it something different. For American cars they make replacement ends for converters and split flanges for the front pipe or muffler that mates to the converter. An aftermarket flange of generic style might be $7. When I needed one for a Festiva, Ford had a beautiful one for $85, forcing me to make one. You better take a good look at the converter and muffler as you might need other work as well. Working with these rusty pipes can be a nightmare if you don't have some tools and experience. You could spend all day getting one part off.

Reply to
Al Bundy

"MasterBlaster" start at

and work your way in. Its a 95 Altima