Which to believe?

It's a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL. DURATEC 24V.

The sticker on the flap for the fuel cap access panel says to use ETHENOL or Regular Unleaded only. But the Vin number of the car doesn't start with the right letter for it to be a flex fuel. So what gives? Was the sticker placed there in error? Is the DURATEC set up for burning alcohol from farms instead of petroleum? Or will this damage the engine? The Flex Fuel is a modified 3.0 Vulcan from what I remember.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Which to believe? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Mon, May 2, 2005, 10:53pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

It's a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL. DURATEC 24V. The sticker on the flap for the fuel cap access panel says to use ETHENOL or Regular Unleaded only. But the Vin number of the car doesn't start with the right letter for it to be a flex fuel. So what gives? Was the sticker placed there in error? Is the DURATEC set up for burning alcohol from farms instead of petroleum? Or will this damage the engine? The Flex Fuel is a modified 3.0 Vulcan from what I remember.

Reply to
Eric Toline

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Eric Toline) wrote in news:26538-4277390C-316 @storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net:

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

ethenol will work just fine and is not a flex fuel its called winter gas here ya foctard

hurc ast

Reply to
sanfordm44356

Hurc, you are full of it (ethanol perhaps). Ethanol is blended into gasoline from several suppliers across Canada all year round. It is an oxygenator and octane booster, as well as a substitute for petroleum.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

yup and it can get COLD too thus WINTER GAS you retard it will VAPORIZE

lmfao in yellowknife its -35 deg c tonite

lmfao schools out

hurc ast

Reply to
sanfordm44356

REPORT HIM!!!

I sure did. If enough people report his abuse to his ISP, he will be banned from the net. I reported him to Google, and google takes newsgroup abuse very seriously.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003