Instrument cluster on 2002

I have a 2002 Taurus SEL and today one of the bulbs of the backlit display for the instrument cluster burnt out. Please tell me it's just a fuse. Otherwise how would anyone get inside of there without tearing everything apart? Does the steering wheel need to come off? What happened is most of the display is lit except the portion where it has the temp gauge and where it has the speed limit between 0 and 45 mph.

If the dashboard needs to be open I would want to A) Replace all of the bulbs inside so this won't happen again. and B) Install LED's instead of the mini standarb bulbs that will burn out in the first place. Is this possible? Does it exist for this application? C) Install the white face gauges that are in the newer models of Tauri. Will this be an easy installation - as in a simple drop in, or will it not fit correctly in place?

What kind of trouble am I in for now? Will the fact that the steering wheel has an airbag in it make any difference is labor costs? Would it be dangerous for the handyman to work on?

Thanks in Advance...

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

lmfao bwhahahah cluster is ez to remove lmfao replace lights with leds BWHAHAHAHAHA you are a FOCTARD

hurc ast

Reply to
sanfordm44356

REPORT HIM!!!

I sure did. If enough people report his abuse to his ISP, he will be banned from the net. I reported him to Google, and google takes newsgroup abuse very seriously.

Just report him every time he displays his pure stupidity and soon enough he'll be nonexistent on the net.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

lmfao i reported you for beiing a RETARD

lmfao u go girl

hurc ast

Reply to
sanfordm44356