Windstar question.

While driving last night my Over Drive light on the end of my gear shift came on. Normally that means OD is off. But after pushing the button on the end of the gear shift it turned off and pushing again it went on. (Over Drive not the light) But the OD light is still on even though the OD is engaged. I don't have the manual so can anybody tell me what this means? Transmission is shifting OK as far as I can tell. Thanks for you help.

Gene

Reply to
Julie in Tampa

Usually, the OD light means the OD is on (not off).

Reply to
Jeff

'96 canadian windstar. 3,.8. light on. od off. no question. ...thehick

Reply to
frank-in-toronto

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Julie in Tampa) is believed to have written in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com:

When mine wouldn't go off (a little duct tape helped for a while;-) it was a short in the shifter arm. A few bucks for a new unit.

Reply to
J.W.