2000 Focus Front End noise

I have a 2000 Ford Focus LX with 64000 miles. Lately I have be hearing and feeling a thump/click when the car is cold coming from the front end. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side front wheel. It begins when the car is cold and continues until I get going more than 40 MPH and then it seems to stop. The noise increases with speed. Strange too is that when I've been driving the car for a while in traffic it eventually stops.

Background:

A couple of months ago I replaced the front brake pads and rotors. A month or so later I had the clutch replaced. I began hearing or at least began noticing the noise a few weeks after the clutch replacement. I took it in the shop and was told that they couldn't find anything.

Any info regarding this little problem would be helpful.

Thanks. dats

Reply to
dats3

could be anything, why not jack up a wheel and let it spin and have a close look. I think you can just jack one up and it'll spin because the differential mechanism, but be careful!

Are the wheel nuts tight ?

Reply to
srp

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com

Last week I had to replace the Constant-velocity joint on the passenger side in my 2002 Focus SE. The rubber boot was split and sounded in my case like a squeaking belt. The sound was loudest in the AM and after a rain.

Reply to
Mike