2001 Y Reg FORD Focus 1.8 TDi LX

Hi,

I am thinking of buying the above car from a dealer. It is for sale at =A34495 and has the following spec:

5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Diesel, 21,076 miles, Black, 1 Owner. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Driver airbag, Electric windows, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Roof rails, Radio/CD, Side airbags, Rear headrests.

I have rung up to enquire about said car and the chappie said that they have done HPI and mileage checks (both clean), but has no service history. It was owned by an 80 year old (apparently) which explains the low mileage and has been serviced by his son, hence the lack of history.

Knowing nothing about cars and only from what I have absorbed from the web, this seems like a good deal, mainly cos of the mileage. I have read that these cars are pretty reliable and seldom break down.

Can anyone offer me any words of advice as to how good a deal this actually is? Is there anything that I should be looking out for if/when I go to view it?

TIA

Tim

Reply to
timothy.hill

sounds good to me.

You could always email someone ;o) (me) and get a ford stamped history book........

I am thinking of buying the above car from a dealer. It is for sale at £4495 and has the following spec:

[...]

Mark C.