2005 Euro Focus...

Ugly as sin, as Top Gear agree, but still the best in its class...

Not only is it more refined, comfortable and civilised than before, it's still just as fun in handling... the spirit of the focus lives on.

I would personaly look beyond those minging looks and snap one up if i had the dosh...

Also its got the roomiest boot out of its nearest competitors...

Long live the Focus. All hail Ford ;)

-JB

Reply to
Johnny BlazE

"Johnny BlazE" skrev i meddelandet news:LqCdnf snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk...

The new Skoda Octavia has that claim too, with it's 560 litres luggage space... /per

Reply to
per

Octavia is more likened to a mondeo... In Parker's it's listed as

"Medium" as is the Mondeo...

The Focus is "Small Family" a la the Skoda Felica and Favorit :)

See

-JB

Reply to
Johnny BlazE

And in North America, if one wants the new Focus platform, choices are Mazda

3 and Volvo S40... I am disappointed that Ford does not want to offer Focus on the new platform here until at least 2007... The current offering is just like Focus after redesign in Europe in 2002 (?).

Cplgi

Reply to
Cplgi

Certainly looks like the new Focus is going to be an excellent car. I was pretty convinced it was the best thing around in the latest model "small" family hatchback area until I saw the new Citroen C4. The best thing about the C4 was that it looks like a Focus........ It looks as though it has the same TDCI engine too although it is not as "fast" as the new Focus TDCI, different computer settings I assume............ Looks rather excellent though...................Should be cheaper than the Focus too.........

Will probably test drive both and then decide.................or then again, I may just keep my excellent 2000V 1.8 Zetec with both packs.........lots of goodies and a great car to drive and own (apart from those bxxxxx Ford dealers)

I think it will be a great success and will take some of the Focus enthusiasts. It certainly has me interested........ Just think, no more crappy Ford dealers and customer service............or are Citroen no better???

Justin Case

-ps Sorry to mention the C4 on a Focus site ...-

Checked by AVG anti-virus system

Justin Case

Don't know how Parker's logic works, but the Octavia is built on the Golf platform and is priced lower than a Golf or Focus. /per

Reply to
per

Hardly. The Octavia is the same wheelbase as the Golf (shares the platform) with just a bit more of a boot on the back. The Superb is in the same size class as the Mondeo and Passat. The Focus, on the other hand, is the first compact car to break the "unofficial" length limit of 4.2m, according to a German auto magazine. Take that also with a grain of salt, as the Germans tend to forget anything which isn't a Golf or Astra, as the Mazda 3 obviously already came on the scene with dimensions which force a new paradigm in the compact segment.

As I was threading my way along my favourite twisty road on the way to work this morning, I was asking myself if I would really want that extra 14cm of width (!) and 17 cm of length on top of my current Focus. Nope... don't think so. I would like to have the self-aiming lights, though.

Reply to
Stephen F.

In message , Justin Case wrote

I once had a new Citroen and put it in for it's first 'free' service (the labour was free but I had to pay for the parts).

I made the mistake of not asking how much the parts (oil, filter etc) were going to cost.

Yep, you've guessed it - the price of the parts was so inflated that it came to the same price as what they would have charged for a service with labour. They even detailed on the bill for the bits of paper they put in the footwell to keep it clean while working on the car.

I never went back.

I guess that there must be good and bad dealers with any make of car.

Reply to
Alan

Ahh thanks for that... the Octavia just seems a lot bigger and is always being offered as an alternative to the mondeo as equivalent comapny car is all, so i just took it for a given...

And yes, the current Focus is blistering fun around those twisties... my dad tends to have fun with it... The new focus is minging and wide, but i'm sure the handling will be amazing..

Whereabouts do you drive yours and what spec is it?

-JB

Reply to
Johnny BlazE

It's s TDCi Sport, and I hammer it up and down the Swiss alpine passes. Subjectively it's quicker than my Mazda MX-5 was in the twisty mountain roads through the Alps, mostly due to the huge amount of torque for uphill runs and lots of tire on the road (only 185/14s on the MX-5). However, it understeers like a pig and you can't drop the top, so it's not quite a 100% satisfying replacement for my dearly departed MX-5.

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!

---- See

----

Reply to
Stephen F.