ford focus idle prob

first about my car

ford focus 2.0 16v zetec ghia (1999 uk model)

the problem is since last week it has been idling poor like if it?s misfiring, I have checked the computer for error code?s but there is none stored on the computer. also when doing about 35mph it?s like looses power for a second.. i think it?s called stumble...?

i have change the plugs,leads,ingnition coil,air filter

any help would be welcome...

thanks math.

Reply to
math28

"math28" wrote>

I'd start with a good quality fuel injector cleaner added to the gas. If that doesn't do it, an intake cleaning would be a good idea (both of these are routine tune-up items).

Reply to
Dave Gower

"" wrote: > "math28" wrote>

ok thanks will try the cleaners... and i?ll try a new fuel filter aswell.. might work...

will keep you posted...

many thanks

Reply to
math28

"math28" wrote: > ok thanks will try the cleaners... and i'll try a new fuel > filter aswell.. might work... > > will keep you posted... > > many thanks

tryed those things no luck and i changed the fuel filter aswell...

doin?t know what to do know....

any help would be welcome

thank math

Reply to
math28

"math28" wrote

Boy you move fast! Out of curiosity, how did you clean the intake system so quickly? It had to take mine to the dealer to get it done.

Reply to
Dave Gower

"" wrote: > "math28" wrote > > > tryed those things no luck and i changed the fuel filter > aswell... > > Boy you move fast! Out of curiosity, how did you clean the > intake system so > quickly? It had to take mine to the dealer to get it done.

i had my friend do it for me he works in a car parts workshop... i wouldn?t have a clue where to start....

ohh i forgot my car has done 75,000 miles if that makes a difference

Reply to
math28