Rough idle when hot

Hi,

When my 2000 SPI is started when hot, it idles really rough for a few minutes and won't pull - the problem is getting worse. Sometimes the engine light comes on. Temperature guage never goes above normal even when starting from hot. I live in AZ where temperatures are very high!

I have had a garage take a look at it, but no error codes are being held in the managment system and the garage dosen't have a solution. Fuel pressure they say is good, and the plugs have been replaced with correct OEM to no effect.

Any ideas - it going to be next week before I can get it to a Ford Dealership.

Thanks, Clive.

Reply to
Clive

"Clive" wrote

Hmmm, wierd. Almost sounds like the fuel is being boiled in the line. Could you have some kind of problem underneath, such as a missing heat shield? Maybe a quick trip to a muffler shop would shed light on the issue.

Reply to
Dave Gower