Missing logos on Focus 1.6 LX 52

Just bought a 2002 Focus 1.6 lx with no logos or writing on the hatch door (i.e. no 'Focus' or 1.6 - nothing). I've never seen one without before - has it just been removed by the previous owner or is this something I should be worried about?

Reply to
Sam Duxbury

In message , Sam Duxbury wrote

My UK focus has just the hatch 'Focus' logo. There is no other logos on the car - no engine size - no indications that it is a higher spec car.

Reply to
Alan

Unless it has the small "Ghia" logo on the rear passenger door.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

It could be that the hatch was damaged in some manner, and who ever did the repair job did not replace the labels.

Reply to
John R Cambron

I believe in the UK it is now common NOT to put model identifiers on the top end models. This is an attempt to disguise the fact that this is a car worth stealing!

Reply to
Delboy

When the Focus first came out the only ident badges were on the front wing just behind the wheel arch and in the case of the Ghia models on the little quarter panel on the rear doors. There we no badges on the hatch apart from the Focus badge.

In the last couple of years the move has been to re instate the the engine capacity (nominal) badges onto the hatch on the opposite side to the Focus badge, some models I believe also have the spec badge on the hatch as well. My TDCi has the TDCi badge on the hatch inplace of the capacity one but just the normal Ghia badges on the side.

Reply to
Andy Lee

Sorry to be pedantic, but when the Focus *first* came out there were no ident badges on the front wing. They were gradually introduced during production from about 2000 on, depending on which plant the car was built at.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The New Ford Focus has no identifiers at all (only the small Ghia badge on the rear door).

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

I bought a focus 7 months ago and when i did i was asked by my dealer as to whether i wanted the vehicle details to be on the car or removed (i.e. the model and spec signs) Maybe the original owner decided they didnt want them on. No need to worry about it!!

Reply to
chrisdixon

Hi Nick

as Chris would say :-) sorry to be pedantic but the Diesels do have the TDCi badges on the hatch. I only know this cause I'm having one as my next car when my current one goes back to the lease company.

Reply to
Andy Lee

Hi Chris

You are correct my first Focus was a T reg 1.8 Ghia and it didn't have them. I seem to recall a program on the TV once about the badges on cars and their importance as status symbols really funny I found.

Reply to
Andy Lee

OK, I was talking about not diesel Focus. Diesel is not allowed in my country and so I rarely see a diesel Focus :-)

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

Are diesel cars actually banned then? If so, why? What would happen if I drove a diesel and wanted to visit your country? I'm fascinated - please tell us about it!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

They are banned in Athens and Thessaloniki, for exhaust emission reasons (which is kinda stupid coz modern diesel cars don't have that problem). They are thinking of allowing them again, but it hasn't happened yet. If you visited Athens and drove your diesel car nothing would happen because you'd have foreign license plates. But if I drove a diesel car I'd get a fine. Now, if it is an Audi diesel car, the dealership will pay the fine (it's part of their strategy to sell diesel cars despite the ban). Anyway, apart from Athens and Thessaloniki you can drive a diesel car anywhere you like in Greece :-)

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

Thanks Nick.