Re: Extended warranty and auto-locking you out.

Wrong. Car running, keys inside, get out and lock the car = call locksmith (unless you have a key for the lock).

Two stories:

  1. Purchased new cool remote keypad. Programmed and stuck on car. Let's go skiing. Car idling in driveway--oops, forgot wallet, get out of car... hmmm, I want to try out my new remote keypad again. Lock car. Retrieve wallet. Look like idiot trying to get back in running car (keypad remote don't work). Felt like idiot calling locksmith and waiting for an hour in ski gear for him to show up.
  2. Out skiing (cross country, BTW). Frigid, real cold. Been locking everything in the car and using the remote keypad (uh, oh) to get back in. Guess what had a drained battery? Luckily, a ranger let me call a locksmith to get back in, but it was -20F below and, oh by the way, I felt stupid again.

anybody want a used remote keypad?

Reply to
Raider Rick