Re: Received from Ford via email today

"Craig" wrote

Recall Alert: FORD FOCUS > Owner Notification Date: Dec 02, 2003 > Number of Units Potentially Affected: 671000 > Component Description: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE

Addresses the slight hesitation and occasional stalling noticed by some drivers of earlier NA Foci. My 2000 has a little of this but never enough to worry about. I talked to my dealer and may get it fixed if the problem gets any worse and I happen to have occasion to leave it for service.

I suppose this is going to set off another round of negative media hype but it's really another case of Ford management dealing with a problem up front rather than pretending it doesn't exist, and I think they deserve credit for it. Based on four years reading of this newsgroup, it's not a seriously common problem yet, but might get worse as the cars age.

Reply to
Dave Gower

My 2001 Wagon is doing this starting this summer, we had no idea what was causing it. It's not constant, sometimes worse than others. Wonder if it's the same issue.

Gene

Reply to
Simply Secret

In connection with this latest recall, what are the signs to watch for?

Rob

Reply to
Specter

Reply to
badraptor

"Craig" wrote

The pumps and fuel senders were a problem on early cars, but I gather this was a different issue.

Reply to
Dave Gower

According to the bulletin I saw at the dealer, hesitation on acceleration and occasional stalling.

Reply to
Dave Gower

There are 10,000 of us on

We've been fighting the pump issue for several years. Several of us, myself included, have resorted to cutting an access panel in the rear floor so we can get to the pump easier. I'm on my third pump...first two burned up because of tank filters clogging.

Reply to
PW

The two filters inside the tank become clogged...which then burns out your pump. Ford doesn't sell a pump only...they sell the complete fuel module (pump with sending unit and filters)...about 200-260 bucks..depending on where you buy it.

Reply to
PW