Replacing Focus Battery and ECU

Just rep[l;aced battery, local ford dealer sold me a universal one, not the original, and the flippin battery strap I just bought (so and so's said I had to but belt and bracket and bolt for £11) is too long for the generic battery (even the shorter white one...)

Is there a precise process to get the ECU to recalibrate

Haynes says Idle till warm

1200 rpm 2 minutes then 5 miles driving

just done that and its running terribly, really lumpy idle, and accelerating, engine warning light starts flashing and then goes out the comes back on again then goes out etc.

Any ideas anyone

Zetec 1.8 2000

(they knocked another £200 off for the incorrect advert...)

Reply to
Grassy Knollington

Have you knocked the wire off the air mass meter during battery change?

Running should not be anywhere near this poor during learning, and certainly not with a flashing MIL lamp.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

yeah, thought it might be something else problem with the car

It was running rough and missing (sort of has power then chokes up then has power then chokes up etc. and missing at low revs) before I changed battery, so it obviously wasnt the battery... thought it might be.

its still doing the same thing after the battery

It starts OK.

I was wondering if it was the last tank full of gas I put in... It started after that...

can the self test mode on odometer show fault codes?

This list looks like it might be different to my ECU which does go into test mode.

Grassy Knollington

Checked air mass meter connections and they are OK.

Waiting for a TEKMATE

That should shed a bit of light on it...

Reply to
Grassy Knollington