The new Focus hatchback pics!

Dutch website, so for those who don't speak dutch, click on the image and a pop-up screen opens with a gallery.

I think i don't like it as much as the current model, i really like the current models new-edge design With te new car they "smoothed it up" a bit too much for my taste, same as the C-Max (boring!!). A shame, really. There are rumours of a coupé-cabriolet version, i'm curious about that one.

Dash seems to have a less plastic look, better materials. But it is also quite standard in design. Why is it that Ford changes from quite outrageous (Sierra was a blast when introduced, lik the Focus), sell them like warm cookies and then switch to boredom (old model Mondeo anyone?)

Well, that's just my opinion, what do you think of it?

Reply to
Zweef®

looks a bit gay to me

Reply to
UFO

In message , Zweef® writes

[snip]

I think its the ugliest thing I've seen since I met the wife's mother ;)

It looks like its been made by Daewoo or Kia or another of those "emerging" car companies.

You are right, when the Focus was launched it was daring but stylish. It was a bit like the Renault Megane, Vel Satis and Avantime....... not to everyone's taste but original and bold.

You are right about the Mondeo too. The Mk1 and Mk2 were good looking and fairly distinctive. The Mk3 may be quite a capable car but it looks very bland in comparison.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I agree - not overkeen on this latest "fad" to put wide mudguards as part of body - it seems to be on everything. Ok is there are a set of big wide wheels and tyres but a little excessive on normal sized wheels. The bonnet looks to be a bit high too or is it just my eyes? Seems to have lost that smooth shape which was a bit revolutionary (following the "jelly mould" Sierra) at the time but has been copied by every hatchback maker since. Good mag that - I notice that there is a new115 ps 1,6-liter petrol engine for the C-Max (not focus!). It is called the Duratec Ti-VCT. The letters stand for Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing - is this destined for UK and is it made in UK? Does anyone know if it will be in the new ugly Focus? I think I shall get on the end of the "bargains" which will come available once Ford bring in the "new" Focus to UK - or I may hang on to my V reg 2000 1.8 Zetec which has been really good to own and drive.................We'll see.

Thanks for the info about the Dutch mag (it is not a difficult language to read - just sounds double Dutch - sorry "Zweef®" and thanks again for the new pictures

Justin Case

Reply to
Justin Case

U're welcome ;-)

Reply to
Zweef®

I Love it!

Rob

Reply to
Basic Wedge

In message , Justin Case wrote

Isn't there some European legislation requiring cars (in future years) to be more pedestrian friendly in the event of an accident? This may mean that the front of bonnets become lower.

Reply to
Alan

In message , Basic Wedge writes

You can have it :)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In alt.autos.ford.focus Paul Giverin suggested:

Full ack!

Looks like, now has Ford off-shored the design department, to save a few bucks?

Yup, seems to have lost most of its unique design. And I'll continue happily driving my Focus (1999) wagon. Sadly there's no pic of the new wagon. The interior looks cheapo.

Some more pics from a short google search:

2005 Focus wagon:

Michael Heiming

I agree that the new Focus does not look very interesting.

I just bought my third Focus 4D Ghia after having studied exterior and interior pics of the new, not yet available model. I felt satisfied that I got the nicest looking car by choosing the 'old' model.

And I am quite happy. I changed to the 2.0 l engine and really enjoy the additional 30 HP compared to my two previous Foci which were with 1.6 l engines. Actually, the 1.6 l is quite sufficient, but the 2.0 l is more fun ;-)

- except when fuelling :-( (but I knew that would be the price to pay)

Greetings, Erik M R

Erik M Rasmussen

Thank You! When may I expect delivery?

Rob

--------------

"Paul Giver> Basic Wedge writes

Reply to
Basic Wedge

In message , Basic Wedge writes

When Hell has its next cold snap.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

"Uninspired" is what came to my mind.

Reply to
Zweef®

Go ask your wife, can't be more than 9 months. ;-)

Reply to
Zweef®

Looks like they got Mazda to design it. Quite disappointing.

Reply to
Wayne Stuart

I,m told by guys who work at Dunton Technical centra that it actually does look better in the flesh but personally its just way to bland. The back end looks like a Seat Leon and the front like a cut down Mondeo. The interior is made from better quality plastics and does give the car a more quality feel but the layout/design is poor in my book but I will still test drive it when the time comes to replace the current one and if it still drives and handles like the current range then I will probably have one

Regards

Andy Lee

Reply to
Andy Lee

"Michael Heiming" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.heiming.de...

The links provided here are for the North American 2005 model. That's a "face lift" of the present Focus. The brand new Focus 2005 model to be presented in Europe is another thing alltogether. /per

Reply to
per