Timing Belt change - holding the crankshaft pulley.

Right - now I have sorted the focus it is time for a new thread.

I have done the timing belt twice on mine now and the worst part is always holding the crankshaft vibration damper/pulley whilst undoing the crankshaft bolt and then when re-tightening it. I have been using a modified camshaft holding tool but it really is not great and wonered if anyone knew of an'official' tool or anything else they use?

Paul

Reply to
oktopusinc

I just have a friend sit in the drivers seat and put the car in gear and hold the brakes down until I can break it loose, Im sure you could replace your friends with a 2x4

Reply to
smoedog