Water leaking on passenger floorboard

I have a 2002 ZX5 that is leaking water onto the passenger floorboard. From reading some of the other posts, it looks like the pollen filter cover is not seated against the windscreen properly. Now, Im assuming that the person who wrote that is from the UK. Is the pollen filter the same as the cabin filter here in the US? The same with the Windscreen...aka Windshield?? Can someone please help me out. My car is at the dealership and has been there for 3 days. They can't figure out why its leaking. They have my dashboard disassembled and are still scratching there heads.

thanks!!

Reply to
Panchov

My Ford Focus is leaking into the front passenger foot well, which on a UK car is on the left-hand side looking towards the front. The pollen filter cover is on the same side and covers half of the bottom of the windscreen (shield). I assume your dealership is a Ford one? Tell them to read their Technical Service Bulletins - there has been one covering this issue.

Reply to
M C C

yep, its a classic problem, Even did it on the Mk1 mondeos too as I think my dad had this problem. Can usualy be solved by removing the pollen filter and reseating it again.

Reply to
chris white

Took my Focus in to have pollen filter sealed at beginning of July. Next thunderstorm the flooding was as bad as ever. New pollen filter now has to be fitted - hopefully next Tuesday 29th.

Reply to
M C C

Mine doesnt leak after it rains. It hasnt rained here in two weeks. This problem started a week ago. Now, the dealer and Ford Technical support are going to replace everything that has to do with my AC including my carpet. They dont have a clue what wrong. It scares me that they are replacing everything. If they cant figure out whats wrong, what makes them think they can rip out my old ac and everything associated with it (hoses, compressor, etc...) and put it back together and it work the way its supposed to. Anyone want to buy a

2002 with no AC? :)

Reply to
Panchov

Take it to a good auto glass outfit before you let them rip it apart. This isn't rocket science.

Reply to
Zip Disk