faulty fuel gauge

Hello Focus Owners, First thing finally went wrong on my '01 wagon 1.6 liter after 2.5 years....a faulty fuel gauge..Low fuel light came on the other day..I filled it up but it only took 45 liters at max. (the tank holds 55 liters according to manual). Yesterday, low fuel light came on again (after driving 30 kms) and the gauge started to register below E. Restarted again but nothing changed..The light is on and it reads 0. What do you thing the problem might be? the gauge itself or a sensor in the tank or a faulty wire? How difficult to diagnose and how much to fix it? I appericate your input on this.. Thanx in advance

Ahmet

'01 wagon 1.6 liter, 18,000 kms Turkey

Reply to
dragon

"dragon" wrote

Common fault with Foci around the world. Only cure is replacement, which involves the pump as well since they come as a unit.

Apparently another common problem is ignition switches. I've had both failures on my 2000 wagon, but I still love my Focus (I keep drooling over any ZTW that passes by).

Reply to
Dave Gower

Reply to
jor