Waterpump / Overheating.

My water pump on my 1.6 estate (2000) went on Sunday, unfortunately with my wife driving. She reckoned the temp didnt go up much and it faile din a car park, dumping the coolant out througfh the pum bearing housing.

I spent yesterday fitting a new pump, timing belt and aux belt. After finishing and refilling the system it is overheating when put under load. I drained and slowly refilled the system through the header tank and still had the same result. The heater is chucking out plenty heat so I would not have suspected an airlock but the header tank fluid remains stone cold. any ideas?

Paul

Reply to
oktopusinc

You definately have an air lock, drain and refill again- I always do it with engine at a fast tickover *slowly*, and leave the cap off until its approaching operating temperature.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..