What is a good replacement vehicle for focus wagon ?

I have a 2001 focus wagon with 190.000 km. which I have been happy with. How many more km can I expect to get from it ?

What is a good vehicle to replace it since focus wagons are no longer sold in Canada ?

I'd like to find a 2 or 3 year old low mileage vehicle similar to (as good as) my old one. I bought it in 2003 with 80.000 km. had very little trouble.

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Maybe 100,000 more. Depends on how you drive it and maintain it.

How much are willing to spend? Are you looking for new or used? What things do you need it for? Why do you need a wagon?

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 06:43:25 -0500, dr_jeff wrote Re Re: What is a good replacement vehicle for focus wagon ?:

Well, lets see if we can help since MSU obviously doesn't require or teach reading comprehension.

As he writes above: I'd like to find a 2 or 3 year old low mileage vehicle similar to (as good as) my old one. So, he wants to spend about as much as a Focus wagon that is 2 or 3 years old would cost. He's not looking to spend for a Jaguar or a Corvette or Mesarrati.

Now this is just a wild guess, but how about he needs if for the same uses that he used the Focus wagon for?

What do you care? That's what he wants.

Here's another guess on my part: You are such an asshole that you must be an instructor or adjunct (i.e. part-time temporary) "professor" at MSU. You can't be a student. Students are smarter.

Reply to
Vinny From NYC

The only reason I want to get a newer vehicle, is that I like to take 4 or

5 thousand km road trips every 2 years or so (Vancouver to Grand Canyon or Vancouver to New York and return) and Im a little worried about taking a high mileage vehicle on such a trip. Otherwise I just use it for normal shopping and short trips. I like a wagon because I can haul a lot. Even bring home 8 foor 2x4 s inside the vehicle.

As Vinny says I want to spend about what a focus is worth Maybe between 6 and 10 thousand (maybe more) depending on mileage and condition. Last one I paid $8200

Ray

Reply to
Ray

According the Kelly Blue Book, the old car is worth around $3500 to $4000 depending on condition. That's for a 2003 with 120,000 mi on it in the NYC area. It may be worth more depending on options and conditions and where you live.

Depending on how long the trips last (in terms of time - 2 weeks?), you might be better off renting a car for the 2 weeks or whatever, and just continue using your old car for the rest. That will also save a lot of wear and tear on the old car.

You should be able to get a pretty reliable vehicle, like a Jeep or Dodge wagon or SUV, Saab, Volvo or Subaru Outback that meets your needs. You might also consider a minivan.

You might also consider a Ford 500, Freestyle or Ford Focus. I have a

2008 Ford Focus and am very happy with it. My dad has a Ford 500 (the sedan version of the Freestyle) and is very happy with it, as well. I suspect that you can get a good used one in your price range.
Reply to
dr_jeff

Unfortunatly Focus quit wagon production with the 2007 (have one); hard to get something like that for the cost back then, paid 16,500 out the door for an SES Wagon.

Jim

Reply to
jamesd43081