Rattle noise from engine of 2001 Focus Se Station Wagon ?

I have a 2001 Se Focus Wagon with 125000 Km on it. Everything works fine, but am hearing an intermittant rattle noise at idle speed coming from the vicinity of the timing belt.

A service station says it is the water pump, but it doesnt sound that way to me, I was thinking belt tensioner or something else. Anyone else have this problem ? The timing belt has not been changed yet.

Ray

Reply to
Ray

A snake!

Recently when I opened the hood, I was surprised to find a nest of some sort tucked away in a cranny near the alternator. Mostly dried grass. Took me awhile to pull it all out. But the critter was long gone.

works fine,

coming from the

sound that way to

else have this

Reply to
oh no

im from the uk. we do change water pumps often for noise problems there is a TSB now saying drain the coolant and put a different spec in (so it lubricates the water pump) the noise only happens when engine is hot

Reply to
ford_technical_