When?

Hello. I'm new owner of Focus Combi 1.6 (1999). This car have 95 000km ran. Question is when I should replace camshaft belt (is it correct in english?).

Manual says after 150 000km or 5 years. Unofficial website says after 120

000km. Some fellows working with cars say I should do it right now. They suggest me that new belt should not be made by Ford because is weak.

Would you like to comment that?

best regards

Reply to
Michal Kozusznik

In message , Michal Kozusznik writes

This is correct.

This is not really correct but many people feel that is better to change the cambelt earlier than 150,000km than to risk it failing and causing a lot of damage. I would say that it is a good idea to do this. I have a

1.6 with 56,000 miles (90,000km). I will be changing my cam belt at 80,000 miles (130,000km).

Always use the genuine Ford belt. I have not seen anything to suggest that the Focus belt is weak.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Reply to
badraptor