wiper blade questions

North American Focus use 22" and 19" blades

Is it possible to install a 24" to get more wipe on top part of windsheild?

.....Are Ford Motorcraft blades any good? Are they made by Pylon?

Ford sells them for $16.95 CDN....... Walmart sells Pylon Lexor ST Silicon for $10.95 and Pylon regualar for $5.95

Anyone have experience with different wiper blades?

TIA

Reply to
JJ

I got refills at Walmart for a few dollars. They work.

Reply to
jb

Yes, you can but you need to change the smaller blade to an 18" one. I've been using this set-up (in the UK) for 5 years because it helps reduce the annoying dribble that you get down the centre of the screen.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I use 16" left and 24" right. Still has a wee bit of dribble down the middle though.

Silicon blades are supposedly worth the money as they last much longer, I know many people who use these, but I haven't tried them out myself. (Just sharing)

Peter

Reply to
Peter_SG

Yes, but there might be a draw back. Now that the arm force is spread over a 24" larger blade, it might not put enough pressure against the windshield to work as effeicently as it should.

So moral of story, stick with manufacturers recommendations.

hth, imho,

tom @

The Real Tom

I can assure anyone that 24" or even 26" drivers side blades with a 16 or

14" passenger side blade work perfectly well at upto an indicated 90mph on my '00 Focus Zetec. After that the drivers side one judders.

If you are doing 90+ in the rain then you're an idiot!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..