02 F150 water in fuse box

Friday night I was four wheeling and flipped my truck up onto it's side. Semi roll into mud hole. Tried to put it back on wheels while listening to stereo. But, couldn't get it back down. So, turned off radio and lights and left it. It layed sideways in hole for about 10hrs. By that time, fuse box was soaked. Eventually, got it back on all four wheels and towed out by a buddy to a place where a flat bed could pick it up and deliver it home.

Truck has barely a scratch - I am astonished. But, self praise isn't what this is about.... it's about my wet fuse box. Truck has no power.... but, if I try to jump start it. All lights come on and the starter clicks real loud - like a machine gun. So, the question to you other Four Wheelers is:

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO TO GET MY TRUCK STARTED? Will it air dry and then just electric contact cleaner?

Reply to
AJ Zambito

WD40 (WaterDrying) might help you. Don't forget the fuses/relays under the hood, and be sure your truck didn't ingest any water through the air intake. Pulling the plugs and turning the engine over (hitting the starter) to be sure there's no water in the cylinders would be good insurance against a bent rod, or worse, when it starts.

Good luck man,

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

did the electrolyte drain out of the battery ?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Spd...........TS..............

both very good ideas...... i got some STP Dry up stuff for electric contacts.

thought about the electrolyte. havent go chance to get home to check it thoroughly fortunately her in Wheeling, WV we have had sun all day. Doors open, hood up... drying (hopefully) Thanks for the tip on the plugs. never thought about that.......

Reply to
AJ Zambito

Spd...........TS..............

both very good ideas...... i got some STP Dry up stuff for electric contacts.

thought about the electrolyte. havent go chance to get home to check it thoroughly fortunately her in Wheeling, WV we have had sun all day. Doors open, hood up... drying (hopefully) Thanks for the tip on the plugs. never thought about that.......

Reply to
AJ Zambito

Go to your local Ford Dealer and get a new main fuse block. Cost around $97.00 takes about an hour to change. I had the same problem. Get out your 10mm deep socket and get to work.

R> Friday night I was four wheeling and flipped my truck up onto it's

Reply to
GatorMon

got new battery......... other one leaked "dry"

now I have power, but, everything is on.........even if the switches are off

and trying to turn it over. a get a high pitched "whhhhhheeeeeeeeeennnnnn"

thoughts other than the $100 fuse block option?

although, geting out of a roll over for under 300 bucks isnt too bad....... but, got to pay fer the damn thing, and the house too........

btw: been a big P.I.T.A. this weekend.......... but, gave some good people some great stories.... so, it's all worth it.

And, because the jerkoff tow drivers wouldn't go the extra 1/10mi.. they dont have my VIN as a roll over !

Just F.O.R.D. haha!

Reply to
AJ Zambito

ALSO: I DO NOT HAVE OWNERS MANUAL.......... online?

2002 XLT F150 4.6V8
Reply to
AJ Zambito

Try here:

or here:

Both sites have the manuals.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Don't forget the little gadget that stops the fuel pump if you get into an accident. You will need to reset it.

"AJ Zambito" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... | Friday night I was four wheeling and flipped my truck up onto it's | side. Semi roll into mud hole. Tried to put it back on wheels while | listening to stereo. But, couldn't get it back down. So, turned off | radio and lights and left it. | It layed sideways in hole for about 10hrs. By that time, fuse box was | soaked. Eventually, got it back on all four wheels and towed out by a | buddy to a place where a flat bed could pick it up and deliver it home. | | Truck has barely a scratch - I am astonished. But, self praise isn't | what this is about.... it's about my wet fuse box. | Truck has no power.... but, if I try to jump start it. All lights come | on and the starter clicks real loud - like a machine gun. | So, the question to you other Four Wheelers is: | | | WHAT THE HELL DO I DO TO GET MY TRUCK STARTED? | Will it air dry and then just electric contact cleaner? |

Reply to
carl mciver