04 F150 SUPERCAB

Anyone have thoughts on this. 11500 miles, 3 oil changes and now when I stop the steering wheel jumps like no tomorrow. I don't drive the truck hard but it sure feels like I need to have the rotors turned. I could see it if I lived in hilly terain, but I live in the flat desert of west texas. Ant then sometimes the brakes work as they should, nice smooth stop.

Any thoughts?

Joe

Reply to
Joe G

Be sure your wheels are torqued correctly. If they were put on too tight, it warps the rotors. Also, it could be the abs kicking on, check air pressure in all the tires.

Reply to
Robert Mozeleski

Make sure the lug nuts are torqued properly. Torque specs for your truck is 150ft lbs and is listed in the owners manual. If lugs are torqued unevenly, the rotors will warp and cause the pulsing. At this point, with them already pulsing, about the only thing to be done is have them turned, and make sure any time the lugs are tightened, they are torqued properly.

Reply to
Marlin Singer