1997 E350 7.3psd codes

Hello

Got the following codes:

P0476 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Performance P0713 Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor CKT High Input

The transmission had a rough shift so I took the van to a tranny shop, and told me they wanted to change the solenoid for $400.

I did it myself. The Tranny light is still blinking.

The tranny feels a little better.

However, I'm have a difficult task in getting the right amount of tranny fluid in there. Any suggestions? It's about 0 degrees F and when the van is cold the fluid is in the Cold zone, is that sufficient or should it be at the top of COld zone?

I am in Fairbanks, AK and doesn't seem to get hot here. Do you still I should I bypass the cooler, and get an aux cooler?

Anyone know about P0476?

Thanks so much!!!

Mike, Alaska

Reply to
mike

Why don't you try replacing the temp sensor, that sounds like it could be most of the problem. Better yet, take it to a ford dealer or diesel shop and let them take a look at it. If it were sitting here I'd probably plug my computer into it and find out what temperature it thinks it is outside and work from there.

Reply to
Chris Hill

he already did

the transmission temp sensor is part of the solenoid pack

Reply to
TransSurgeon

Thanks so much for the response

Where is the temperature sensor?

Reply to
mike

it's part of the solenoid assembly\

Reply to
TransSurgeon

Could be bad wiring, might have saved some money if he'd had somebody diagnose it before replacing parts. That's the trouble with diagnostics, they only give you the symptoms, you need the flow chart in the manual along with some experience to turn it into a cure.

Reply to
Chris Hill

real technitions throw most of those flow charts out, learning how the system works gets ya done a lot quicker and you learn more, and ask questions to the older techs

Reply to
coryrhonda