1999 Ranger A/C

It seems like when the air is on the clutch on the a/c constantly kicks in and out and does not cool very well? Any idea's Thanks for your time

Reply to
PapaBear

Your refrigerant is low.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

On Mon, 29 May 2006 06:46:29 -0500, PapaBear rearranged some electrons to form:

Refrigerant leak, maybe? Have it checked by someone who knows what they're doing.

Reply to
David M

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:22:48 GMT, David M snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote: Now there is more to the story, I shouldn't say it doesnt cool when the clutch kicks in it blows real cold air but now the wipers turn on sporadically at times? I would assume some type of wiring issue? Thanks for all your help

Reply to
PapaBear

Different circuits, different issues.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:22:36 GMT, "Spdloader" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.triad.rr.com> wrote: I don't know alot about a/c, but that would cause the clutch to jumo in and out?

Reply to
PapaBear

The clutch is electric. The pressure switch in your system is cycling the compressor off and on. A fully charged system will cycle longer, partially charged will cycle for a shorter duration, and low or non charged system will not cycle at all.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Your getting a 2nd oinion, and it is the same as the first. Your refridrant is low, or your low pressure switch is bad. Actually, it cant be the switch. It wouldnt cycle with a bad switch. Pop your hood and look at all the air conditioning hoses/lines, look at where they go through the firewall, and where they go out to the front of the truck. You will most likely see one that has oil on it with some dirt. There is your leaker. Usually an O-Ring. If your system is holding on to a charge, I would have it recharged every season. R134a is cheap enough.

djdave

Reply to
djdave

On Tue, 30 May 2006 00:16:13 GMT, "Spdloader" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.triad.rr.com> wrote: I get you now, thanks for your help.