2.L l low idle

I have a 2000 Ranger 2.6L 5 spd that idles too low, it used to idle fine then started getting lower. Occasionally it's normal but more often it's low. Cold start it's low enough to stall, warm is not much better. Someone said I might clean the Mass air flow sensor( I think that's what he said). If that's true can some one guide me through the process? I'm not up on all the comp. stuff on trucks.

TIA, Al

Reply to
Al

djdave

Top of the engine, has 2 allen or torx screws securing it. It is attached to the intake manifold. It is cast alluminum. Go to your local auto parts store and ask to see one, or a ford dealership. Snap a pic. Once you see the replacement, you will be able to find the part under the hood. If its bad you will need to replace yours. Testing on yours can be found in the Chiltons manual. This part needs no calibration or adjustment.

djdave

Reply to
djdave

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 05:03:08 +0000, djdave rearranged some electrons to form:

It sometimes can be improved by cleaning out the crud with some carb cleaner.

Reply to
David M

I appreciate the info, I'l look at it this weekend.

Reply to
Al