2000 Windstar

I have a 2000 ford Windstar and I was wondering if anyone has deciphered the vin or know where I can get the vin decoded and how I can go about getting the PCM re-programmed as my dealer said they can't help me out.....the other wants $160.00 to re-program the van. I know it only takes a few minutes to do this as I re-programmed my mustang with the Diablo-sport tuner.the only reason I want it re-programmed is that after I had the trouble codes 141,142 lean codes and the 141 egr code fixed the van now knocks and pings going up-hill and it's driving me nuts

thanks

Reply to
Stan Querin

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:05:53 +0000, Stan Querin rearranged some electrons to say:

"Reprogramming" it is not likely to fix your problem. You need to fix what's wrong with it. Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

Reply to
david

Reply to
Stan Querin

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:17:48 +0000, Stan Querin rearranged some electrons to say:

You'll probably need the dealer to reflash the computer to a newer version, if that's what you want to do.

I don't know what your VIN has to do with pinging.

Reply to
david