PO174 - 2000 windstar

Hi

Got a full tank of gas the other day on my windstar. It's a 2000, has

49,000 km on it. The van after a long drive seemed to hesitate at idling when in drive at a stop light. We've had a change in temp here and I thought I'd had some water in the gas so I filled the tank again and added some gas line antifreeze/fuel injector cleaner. Today my wife called and the check engine light came on. The code is PO174 (bank 2 system too lean). This goes hand in hand with the almost stalling idle which happened periodically over the last 2 days.

The fuel filter is original and at 49,000 km I'm planning on replacing it. I'm wondering if there are any "off the top of your head" suggestions?

As it's pretty cold here in Ontario Can I'm going to have to take it to a garage as I only have a driveway and I just can't work outside in the snow.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Cameron

Reply to
Cameron