390 in my '71 f-100 LB blew a head gasket

Well, it turns out it's the intake gasket between the coolant passage and the lifter valley. There's a couple of gaps/cracks in the felpro printoseal gasket where they started to split after the manifold was torqued, I assume. Turns out they're not reinforced by thin aluminum. I'm going to rebuild it anyway or at least do a valve job. If the cylinders aren't tapered too bad and the piston skirts still have good clearance I'll hone it and put in some fresh rings and bearings. Then I'll match port the heads and manifolds and install the cam. It's an edlebrock performer plus to match my intake. Thank's for all the help with my questions.

Reply to
Mark