Where to put CB antenna?

Been thinking of putting a CB antenna on the `04 Ranger. But I think the tolerance between the engine cover and the fender are a bit tight for the coaxle cable. And The hood bracket is different than what you would find on a full size truck, it is way inside and has nowhere to mount a bracket on it. Anybody out there performed a decent mount on this truck? I could use some ideas before I buy things I do not need.

Reply to
lmnop

The best place , as far a the radio is concerned is right smack in the middle of the roof. This is not as terrifying as it sounds. Just get a good mount kit with a nice trim ring for the headliner area, and use a good sealant

Reply to
~oddball

I got it done yesterday. I bought a Firestick and mounted it on the left fender, put the bracket just under the hood. Thought about it for a long time and that seemed to be the best thing to do for someone not wanting to cut holes. Ran the coax down under and brought it up under the center console that is on the floor above the tranny. Could not find a place in the firewall that I was willing to sacrifice. Looks better than factory now.

Reply to
lmnop

K40 Mag. Mount, smack dap in the middle of the cab, will get you out as far as anything.. No holes to drill, and a quick release makes it easy to get into low places.

W.D

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer