88 Ranger hates the cold

Does anybody have any suggestions on what would cause my truck to be cranky on cold mornings? It starts right up but if I try to take off without a warmup it will likely stall once. Usually after one stall, I'm good to go. It's a 4sp/OD stick by the way. It's not a really big deal but its the little things that really feed on you after awhile..........Thanks for any help in advance.

Reply to
RS

I'm not an expert(an old guy) But if it is carburated, I would suggest, Idle speed too low or set too lean, choke too lean, Fast idle on choke too low, hot air duct from manifold to air filter missing or damaged. Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Thanks for the effort but its fuel injected. That's what I get for not spelling out all the specs.....2.9L v-6, 5 spd stick, fuel injected.........

Reply to
RS