'89 Ranger PU

Would appreciate advice...Electric window on passenger side has stopped going up...motor runs fine but seems like the gear is not engaging the cogged plate. There appears to be an adjustment screw and lock nut on the forward side of the gearbox in front of the electric motor. Does anyone know if this will adjust the engagement of the gears. Have lubricated everything in sight and all the fasteners seem tight...window will go down with the electric switch but that's it.

Would really appreciate some guidance. Regards Gary

Reply to
Gary Brown

If it is anything like the full size trucks, be sure to get the 4 (ea)

1/4" pop rivets that hold the mechanism to the door panel. You will need a industrial duty rivet gun to install them. In a pinch you can use 3/16" rivets (steel) and backing washers.

If one is going/gone, the other door can't be far behind. Do them both at the same time while your knuckles are already beaten up and bloody.

DJ

Reply to
IdaSpode

Forgot to mention, you can get 3/16" large head (~1/2") rivets. I got mine at Ace Hardware, part # ACE 2014405. They are called "snowmobile" rivets.

DJ

Reply to
IdaSpode

||You can get replacement gear kit. Our part number is 42-91 at CarQuest. w/45 ||SPLINE 9 TOOTH GEAR. Price is around $18.48. Should be an easy fix

That's an A-1 Cardone number, should be available at any decent parts store.

||> Would really appreciate some guidance. ||> Regards ||> Gary ||>

||> || ||

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

-snip-

Gary,

Are you willing to DIY? If so... check out:

Enjoy.

Greg

Reply to
Greg