94 F150 key switch replacement

My sons F150 ignition key switch came out the other day. I can't put it back because the metal type washer on the end is broke in half, I was wondering how much of a big deal to replace it and if I can get a new complete tumbler assemby from Ford.. Can help by someone who has done this before... Thanks

Reply to
JohnAce

If it's anything like the lock cylinder in my '93 Aerostar, it's not hard to replace. I paid less than $20 for an aftermarket replacement cylinder at Autozone, and I took it to a locksmith to have her re-key it to match my existing keys, that cost me $10 or $15, IIRC.

Reply to
Mark Olson