95 Winstar 3.8 engine temp gage problem

We have a 95 Winstar 3.8 that has problem with the analog temp gage. The sender is working but the gate is off scale (show 1/2 hot when engine is stone cold)

Ford dealer will sell only the complete instrument cluster (it has a tack) says the temp gage is not a line item.

I can rebuilt the gage (once worked @ FAA instrument shop) but would prefer to buy a decent replacement.

All input would be appreciated

TIA

broter_rabbit @ hotmail . com (remove spaces to respond)

Reply to
Not Me

First try cleaning all the contacts on the back of the instrument panel to make sure it's getting a good connection to the sender. If that fails, start calling wrecking yards in your area, it shouldn't be too hard to find a wrecked Windstar, they sold tons of them.

Reply to
websurfer

"websurfer"

| > We have a 95 Winstar 3.8 that has problem with the analog temp gage. The | > sender is working but the gate is off scale (show 1/2 hot when engine is | > stone cold) | >

| > Ford dealer will sell only the complete instrument cluster (it has a tack) | > says the temp gage is not a line item. | >

| > I can rebuilt the gage (once worked @ FAA instrument shop) but would | > prefer to buy a decent replacement. | >

| > All input would be appreciated | >

| > TIA | >

| > broter_rabbit @ hotmail . com (remove spaces to respond) | >

| First try cleaning all the contacts on the back of the instrument panel | to make sure it's getting a good connection to the sender. If that fails, | start calling wrecking yards in your area, it shouldn't be too hard to find | a wrecked Windstar, they sold tons of them.

Thanks, the problem is not dirty contacts (been there done that).

Reply to
Not Me