Air Pumps

Hi Guys, I have an '87 Ford e-350 with 2 air pumps, no thermactor and no catalytic converter. The belt broke on the air pumps. Nothing else affected. Is it ok to drive it back home so my young friend can fix it? I'm an old Guy. LOL Geoff

Reply to
GeoffP

===Forgot to say it's 460 Geoff

Reply to
GeoffP

Reply to
user

Thanks for the info. Geoff

Reply to
GeoffP

Why?? They don't take any measurable HP to drive, and they only help the emissions. It's people like you that make it hard for the rest of us.

Steve Barker

They burn the unburned gas in the exhaust manifold big deal. If the engine is tuned up correctly to start it will add nothing. As far as wasted horsepower I expect by disconnecting it the fuel saved would be about a balance with the increase emissions saved thus no actual net decrease in emissions. I have actually went through the emission tests with the belt off and failed due to the belt being off but if you look at the emission numbers the emission was better with the belt off then on. On my truck the pump gets driven off the alt. so adding wearing it out prematurely.

Unless it is a vehicle that is fully electronic with fuel injection all the other emission junk is just that junk.

Steve Barker wrote:

Reply to
user