'87 Motorhome 460

Hi, I hope one of the informed people on here can help me..I've googled but no luck. I have an '87 Motorhome, Triple E, 21' with a 460. It has 2 air pumps and idles like a dog, (No idle mixture screws) Once I get moving it is great. I just wondered if anyone knows the specs? HP, torque etc. My friend has a '74 Dodge with 440. He says Ford 460's are pigs. His is definetly faster off the mark than mine, but he has a much lower axle ratio. At 60 mph I do about 2,450 rpm, He does 3000+. This no big deal, but I am a Ford fan lol. Thanks, Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff

So what do you want to do, smoke that 440? I don't know much about those EFI

460's but if you go here:
you can get some help on the EFI 460 versions. The forum is mostly about 385 series (429-460) hot street & racing, but the guys are great and they will try to help you. Trust me, that 440 is no competition. It's a joke in comparison to the 385 series motors. I know because our 460 (507 stroked) car runs low 8 second 1/4 mile times running a little 850 CFM carburetor on race gas. BTW, we have a '96 Triple E 31' 5th wheel that we tow with our '95 PSD Dually. It also hauls our race car trailer.

BG

Reply to
BG