Are those F-150/F-250 really that good?

Hi,

Been looking at older Ford F-150's/250's and see that $10K is not unusual for a price base...Thing is, are they REALLY that good?

I know there's users who'll swear, put their reps on the line for their own trucks, but since I have never owned one, I am a bit...unsure as the last ford owned, was a 73 wagon and that (To be nice) was not what a family would want for a family car (Unless you had lots of kids who liked pushing them) to a repair station.

Reply to
Gene

Troll alert!

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

was it a 'Family Truckster' ?????

we drove one of those to Wally world

Clark Griswold

Reply to
TranSurgeon

If you had trouble keeping a 1973 ford wagon going then you had better stay with a horse. Older Fords like that went forever. I still drive a

1969 and a 1970 with almost no problems. The wife add a 1973 she drove to 175,000 with almost no maintence. After the she drove 1970 Ford wagon to 180,000 with almost no problems.

I am also driving a 1983 F-250 that will probably outlast me.

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
Ron

yes they are

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Reply to
David A. Lee

My mothers wagon, snapped the steering column...I think it didn't go more the 300 ft after that.

The replacement was usually found in the shop about every 3 months.

But, this was a wagon, not a pickup..Maybe there's a difference in build and the builders?

Reply to
Gene

Really? You?

Reply to
Gene

You post a message judging later model trucks on your alleged "experience" with a Ford wagon over 30 years ago. If you don't want to buy a used Ford, then don't. You are a troll.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

No, I am not. You're just a tad strange to be associating such occurances with my request. I'm really looking at what Ford or others have to offer in way of lonnetivity and low repair bills.

But hey, I know how it feels to make a mistake, have it shown to me and refuse to admit I was a fool :)

Reply to
Gene

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:45:19 -0700, Gene snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

Two folks can by exact identical vehicles and have total and completely differing experiences with them. This is especially true of used vehicles because you never know how the previous owner cared for it. I have an `05 F-150 STX and it is so far the greatest truck I have ever owned. Just got back from a 300 mile trip towing the largest U-Haul trailer available loaded to the gills. Truck acted as if it wasn't even there. Absolutely no problems what so ever.

I was also in an accident very shortly after I bought it. At less then 200 miles on the clock a stupid woman on a cell phone ran slam jam into the ass end of me. Tore her Mercury Topaz all to hell and back. Completely totaled it beyond repair, the truck basically shrugged it off. Yeah it had some damage, but most of it was because the bed is actually fiberglass on a STX model. Fiberglass can stress crack like all get out.

We all make mistakes, the trick to life is not repeating them.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Reread your original post. You obviously have issues with Ford vehicles based on what you wrote. To which I say, fine. But if it makes you too "unsure" about owning one, than like I said, don't buy one.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo