F-150/250 oil leaks

Hi - thinking about buying an older Ford F-150/250 truck - 88 to 92 vintage - and they all seem to be leaking/blowing oil out of the top of the block/valve cover gasket and the hose that leads from the driver's side valve cover to the air filter box. Someone said that there is a screen on the back of the passenger side of the block (under the PCV valve?) that gets clogged up and is the cause of the oil problems. Does anyone have any specific knowlege of this problem, the screen I am referring to, and suggested ways to access the screen and clear it?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
USENET READER

Sharon K.Cooke

what about on a 5.8 liter engine? that seems to be what I see for sale out there - and those are the engines that seem to be blowing oil out really badly.

Do the 5.8 liter engines have a screen below the PCV valve? I don't know how I would get it out of the head, as it is on the back side of the passenger side of the block, and there is hardly any room to pull out the PCV valve, much less the grommet and the screen

Shar> If it's a 5.0 engine, replace the PCV valve, screen, and grommet. See:

Reply to
USENET READER

lmfao i can do it EZ lmfao u go girl

hurc ast