Best Brake Pad Material???

I need brakes for my '92 F-250 diesel. I see ceramic break pads - are they better than smi metal.

Thanks, RO

Reply to
RO

Break pad? Is that like a table place mat you use at break time? Seriously though, the semi-metallic BRAKE pads that the vehicle calls for is what you should use.

Reply to
Steve Barker

well if you've got an unlimited supply of rotors for that puppy I go with whatever came from the factory...I've got carbon fiber semi-metallic on my

Reply to
Patrick Gilmore

||I need brakes for my '92 F-250 diesel. I see ceramic break pads - are they ||better than smi metal.

If you use that truck as it was designed - towing for example, I'd use Raybestos Super Stops. They are semi-metallic, designed for serious stopping. I really like the feel of them as well. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Never Forget

AbitRip

Wow RO, I was enjoying reading your post then got a shock when you said that the ceramics are not recommended for towing. Why? I would have thought they were ideal - high heat dissipation, low fade, etc - everything that would seem to make them perfect for towing. Why aren't they recommended?

Thanks in advance (I had been planning on putting them on my F350 when the factory pads wear out - now I'm confused.

Don

Reply to
Don

||Wow RO, I was enjoying reading your post then got a shock when you said that ||the ceramics are not recommended for towing. Why? I would have thought ||they were ideal - high heat dissipation, low fade, etc - everything that ||would seem to make them perfect for towing. Why aren't they recommended? || ||Thanks in advance (I had been planning on putting them on my F350 when the ||factory pads wear out - now I'm confused.

Like everything else, there are no absolutes. There are already hybrid metallic/ceramic formulations on the market. If you want ceramic properties, it's likely one of the major players makes a hybrid that combines the best of both. I know Raybestos has introduced some brand new semi-ceramic varieties, but I don't have any information on them. I would still recommend a HD semi-metallic specific to your needs. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B