Door Lock

I have a 1999 Expedition, and it has the strangest problem. When ever It is bright and sunny, and the temperature starts to rise. The door locks will not engage and I get a door ajar warning . During the winter months, especially on overcast days they seem to operate normally. Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem.

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Crachian

Does your dome light stay on too?

You may need to spray some WD-40 in to the latch on the door. There is a small switch in there that gets gummed up.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yes it does. I will try the WD40.

Thanks

Reply to
Kevin Crachian

Thanks for the hint. I will have it checked out.

Reply to
Kevin Crachian

Bill,

The WD40 did the job. It works fine. Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
Kevin Crachian