Clogged Radiator in overheating 302

Thanks for the replies, guys. It seems the problem is heavy deposits in the radiator. What can I put in to dissolve it? It's whitish and hard, probably lime or similar. I'm thinking of taking off the lower hose at the block, and clamping it closed (upper hose removed too, of course) and then finding something to pour into it and let it sit for a few days. Some kind of alkaline solution? It's a brass radiator.

Reply to
thomas_graham

Take it to the radiator shop and have it rodded out. If it doesn't survive that, then you didn't want it anyway.

Reply to
Steve Barker HFC

||Take it to the radiator shop and have it rodded out. If it doesn't survive ||that, then you didn't want it anyway.

2nd that. Costs around $50. Comes back looking shiny and new. There's just the hassle of getting it out and back in. Texas Parts Guy
Reply to
Rex B