comments on 2000 F-150 supercab

Hey all. I just bought a 2000 f150 supercab (xlt) w/ the 6cyl motor (4.2?) auto trans. Anywho, this truck drives nice (only 55k miles) and looks very sharp. Anyone have a similar truck? Any comments regarding mileage, querks, etc.?? Thanks

wall

Reply to
wallster

Why did you decide to purchase a full size pickup with such a small engine? I never understood this particular combination.

Reply to
Advocate

I don't know about the automatic, but the 5 speed 4.2 Supercab 4x2 I've driven has plenty of power, even with a single axle trailer and John Deere mower behind it. Good gearing makes a big difference.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

'01 2wd 4.2L 103k miles 20MPG great truck. no mech problems, snows 3-4 times a year so who cares? no 4wd headaches, Great truck

Reply to
moli