Coolland additive required in Ford IDI 7.3 with new extended life antifreeze ?

I recnetly puchansed a 1994 Ford F250 IDI non-turbo . The previous own just changed the water pump about 6 months ago and flaushed the cooling system and replaced with ( gold color ) Prestone Extended Life antifreeze but didn't add in the any of the cooling system additive ( called FW16 in the owner's manual ) . Is this OK with this kind of antifreeze or do I need to put some in ? - thanks

Reply to
rkpatt758

cooling

You should not have bought this vehicle. You have no way of knowing how long the previous owner has been neglecting it. You should drain and flush the system and refill with the specified coolant. Get yourself a coolant testing kit and monitor the system from now on and pray.

Reply to
GW Bush

I don't agree at all. Get the test strips, check the coolant. Adjust aditive as required.

Drive it and enjoy.

Is the motor damaged? Maybe, there is no way to tell. It's a 10 year old truck, I'm betting the engine out lives the chassis.......

Reply to
Peter Arnold